The Portuguese Language Centre was founded in 2010 by the Portuguese language teacher Juliana Menezes to help Irish people with Brazilian partners learn Portuguese. As the school grew, we also attracted students who wanted to learn European Portuguese. By 2016 we had separate streams of learning for Portuguese as it's spoken in Brazil and in Portugal.
Every year, hundreds of students from all over the globe come to learn Portuguese with us for various reasons and purposes. For thirteen years we have been providing high quality classes for people who have partners from Brazil, Portugal, Angola or Mozambique and for others who come to study in order to be able to communicate well in Portuguese either to go on a trip or work in one of the countries where Portuguese is spoken.
Since March 2020 we exclusively offer synchronous online courses, from complete beginners to advanced. This means that all classes are online and students and their teacher attend a live weekly class at a specific time.
Our online group classes in Brazilian Portuguese and European Portuguese hold a maximum of 8 students allowing for more interactive lessons and quicker improvement. We also offer individual tuition, in company classes, cultural workshops and conversation classes.
I have been learning Portuguese with these guys for nearly 3 years with a break here and there, and cannot be happier with the teachers! They are amazing, funny, and so likeable, and I totally feel I've progressed a lot since my 1st Aula :D I am loving the online lessons and don't feel the quality of the course has dropped at all if we compare on-site classes to remote ones. Love this school!
- Our teachers are not only native speakers, they are specialized teachers who are highly experienced in Portuguese Language teaching for foreigners
- We use a wide variety of materials to teach Portuguese as a second language and course material is included in the price
- Each student gets individual attention as we take a maximum of 8 students in each group class
- Courses are prepared in advance following a predefined structure and allow for a great combination of learning and fun in our classes
- Dynamic classes where students start speaking from the very first day